By the time we get to the end of the year we’re generally in need of a nutritional helping hand and for me, this is it. This smoothie is iron and omega rich and full of bug fighting skin brightening antioxidants with a yummy chocolaty crunch.
- 50% kale
- A vitamin C rich fruit, here I used a fat persimmon.
- Handful of frozen blackberries
- Half an avocado, more for extra creaminess
- Tbsp hempseeds
- Tbsp flaxseeds
- Tbsp chia seeds
- Heaped tbsp cocao powder
- Pinch of turmeric
- Add enough water to get everything moving and whizz up.
- Top or not with whatever you fancy. Here I added cocoa nibs and a cheeky piece of dark chocolate.
Tips: I use a nutribullet and about half the fruits are frozen, including the kale which I buy pre-shredded and then freeze so I don’t get that gardeny taste once it’s whizzed up. Also, always add a vitamin C rich fruit with greens to increase iron absorption.