As we move into party season here in Doha with a different ball or cocktail party every week (and quite often two or three) and especially now the summer excesses are over, it’s time to kick-up things up a notch on the health front. This soup is super fast, perfect for a light supper and like the majority of my recipes is made without added salt or oil. If you have a machine that can chop up the onion, leek and celery then the prep takes no time at all. For children you may need to blend for longer or add more stock. My two like to cover the top with nutritional yeast and dip circles of baguette in theirs before drinking the rest straight out of the bowl.
- Serves 4
- Max 30 minutes
- Veggie chopper
- 500g Frozen Green Peas
- 1 Small Onion chopped
- 1 Small Leek chopped
- I Stick of Celery chopped
- 800ml Veggie Stock
- Fresh Black Peper to season
- Add enough stock to the pan to just cover the base. When bubbling add the onion, leek and celery and cook until soft.
- Add the rest of the stock and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the peas, bring to the boil and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Whizz the whole lot up and season as required.